An Accomplished Attorney Dedicated To California Land Use Issues
Attorney Michael Patrick Durkee (Mike) is an attorney dedicated to using creative, strategic and value-adding services that achieve results for his clients. Mike is Super Lawyers top rated in Land Use and Zoning in California and was selected to Super Lawyers in 2004-2006, 2009-2021. Mike’s focus is land use, municipal law, and elections law, and he handles both transactional/entitlement process, and litigation cases.
For more information about Mike, his education and accomplishments, please click on the link:
Mike is known for his ability to organize and prepare for many types of legal land use issues. He goes the extra mile for his clients and is a skilled presenter and speaker.
Serving The Needs Of Many Types Of Clients
Mike’s clients include developers, builders, property owners, public agencies, private citizens, and interest groups.
He has extensive knowledge, experience, and expertise on California Land Use, Municipal, and Elections Law.
Highlights Of His Land Use Practice
Mike has been instrumental in the creation, coordination and implementation of overall entitlement strategy (including defense tactics) for some of California’s most controversial development projects and litigation cases, including the Giants ballpark proposal, the Buck Institute, Black Point, Sierra Club v. Napa, Fogarty v. Chico, Save Mount Diablo v. Contras Costa, the North Livermore initiative, and the Watson Ranch Specific Plan.
- Represents landowners, developers, builders, businesses and governmental agencies in state and federal court.
- Frequently participates in land use seminars conducted for builders’ groups, cities and counties, the University of California Extension and The State Bar of California. He seems very active in the local legal community.
- Is the co-author of Ballot Box Navigator (Solano Press 2003), and Land-Use Initiatives and Referenda in California (Solano Press 1990, 1991), and the principal author of Map Act Navigator (1999-2021). Mike writes the “Ask the Map Act Expert” column for the trade journal California Surveyor.
- Is a former member of the Advisory Board of The California Land Use Law & Policy Reporter, and the State Assembly Local Government Committee’s “Subdivision Map Act Advisory Group.”
- Was selected for inclusion in the Northern California Super Lawyers list by the California Super Lawyers magazine in 2004 through 2006, and 2009 through 2021, was named to Best Lawyers in America (2013 through 2021), and is the recipient of the 1992 “Outstanding Instructor” award from the U.C. Davis Extension Land Use Program.
Mike has extensive expertise regarding value-enhancing entitlements and is considered one of the state’s top creative land-use minds.
Get In Touch With Mike Regarding Your Land Use Issue
Have a question? Need to understand your options? Mike offers a free initial consultation so that you can know what to do next. Call 510-617-0569 or send Mike an email with a brief description of your issue.